Sign in to follow this  
sleezen

Installed new HDD but only uses laptop over network to rec

Hello, just bought a .H264 DVR without HDD by company called Annke,

my old DVR (SWANN) died but the 500GB HDD was fine so i transfered it over to the new unit and checked to see if it registered, no problem it reads it fine, the issue i have is it will not record to the installed HDD, it will only record to my laptops hdd over the network,

any ideas would be great i can provide images if you need them,

many thanks,

Regards,

Steven

Hello, just bought a .H264 DVR without HDD by company called Annke,

my old DVR (SWANN) died but the 500GB HDD was fine so i transfered it over to the new unit and checked to see if it registered, no problem it reads it fine, the issue i have is it will not record to the installed HDD, it will only record to my laptops hdd over the network,

any ideas would be great i can provide images if you need them,

many thanks,

Regards,

Steven

Send it back. Most of annnke's reviews on amazon are fake.

Did you properly reformat the drive when you put it in?

i believe so, i used the onboard hdd tools on the new unit to reformat though that may be the reason why it wont use it, the programming is very shoddy with lots of spelling mistakes, so who knows how much care they took writing the code lol, il have to buy a hdd caddy and reformat using usb cable.

just to confirm the unit itself works and it records video fine but like i mentioned it seems to prefer me laptop hdd over the installed one lol

i believe so, i used the onboard hdd tools on the new unit to reformat though that may be the reason why it wont use it, the programming is very shoddy with lots of spelling mistakes, so who knows how much care they took writing the code lol, il have to buy a hdd caddy and reformat using usb cable.

just to confirm the unit itself works and it records video fine but like i mentioned it seems to prefer me laptop hdd over the installed one lol

How much did you pay for it? you might consider getting an HD cvi/tvi unit so you can upgrade you cams...I dont understand why you would want to keen an item the is giving you trouble from the get go.

Hi. You might find the HDD is not comparable

But another question .... Have you set up recording on dvr ?

yes i used the program it came with on the disc to setup recording, although this only picks

up my C:\ drive on the laptop, odd thing is when i check the HDD in the info section it only sees the onboard HDD

How much did you pay for it? you might consider getting an HD cvi/tvi unit so you can upgrade you cams...I dont understand why you would want to keen an item the is giving you trouble from the get go.

paid £35 for it without cams or HDD as i already have them, just trying to fix this as i have no money but need security back online for christmas.

kind regards,

Steven