Sign in to follow this  
mikemavec

forgot password to DVR

I have a 4 Channel Network Standalone DVR and I can't login for the network. I have forgotten bothe the username and password. The last time use the DVR was about three years ago and for some reason all I can think about is the password was 16 lowercase a's. Im haveing no luck finding the username and password. The DVR is Chinese and has no branding on it. I took it apart hoping there is a reset button and there's a button inside of it but does nothing. I've also manage to get some of the names of the chips on the Circuit bored. The only thing I can find on the internet about the DVR is this. http://www.pharos.com.eg/surveillance/stand_alone_dvr/4_channel/vs_5014/vs_5014.pdf

I hope someone on here can help or at least point me the right direction.

Thanks, Mike

IMG_9600.thumb.jpg.23767e930c3c690b627fa9f479cfc444.jpg

Most of these dvr's will only except a maximum of six or less characters for the pass word. If this is true of your dvr then it will have a password of six or less characters. Stick with "admin" as the user name and try and guess the pass word. Try six a's for the pass word as the other ten a's may have been ignored when you set the password. Are you able to view the date and time that the dvr has been set at.

Most of these dvr's will only except a maximum of six or less characters for the pass word. If this is true of your dvr then it will have a password of six or less characters. Stick with "admin" as the user name and try and guess the pass word. Try six a's for the pass word as the other ten a's may have been ignored when you set the password. Are you able to view the date and time that the dvr has been set at.

Right, stick with the "admin" as your username. Is this your default password? If so try to leave the password black space. My default password is just no password.

try this password

admin

no password just enter

unless if you change already the password before you need to go the tect support when you buy the DVR...

First, you should use Internet Explorer. Old DVRs worked only with IE (ActiveX controls).

According to my investigation results, default network admin password could be "admin", but if you operate on DVR's keypad, DVR password is "0000".

See if this manual helps:

http://www.y3k.com/downloads/user_manuals/E4N_manual.pdf

Old DVRs often had some kind of reset jumper or pins on motherboard which should be shorted on power-up.