CuiZinieR

HIKVISION - Disable/enable the recording of a camera's audio

Hi,

We recently connected a microphone to the Audio channel #1 of our HIKVISION DS-7916HF-SH DVR to match the camera 1's video stream. It works fine since there's video and sound.

My questions are:

• Is it possible to disable/enable the audio channel without unplugging the microphone line from the DVR? If yes, how?

• If yes, is it possible to do it from the iVMS software or from the configuration tab of the Web interface? I looked at these 2 but couldn't find any option for that.

We are indeed looking for a on-demand convenient way to enable/disable the audio channel from the video recording without the need to physically intervene on the DVR.

Thanks in advance for help.

If you want to disable audio, just edit the stream, and change it from "Video+audio" to just "Video".

If you want to disable audio recording, but would still have live audio, the instead of changing the stream type go to the calendar, edit channel 1, advanced, and disable "Audio recording".

Settings may vay depending your firmware.

Hi. If you want an easy way to turn on and off ... Use your alarm output as a relay

Just take the - side of the mic put into alarm 1 and from there back to mic input

Then just use alarm button on any device to switch on and off

On 11/19/2015 at 8:07 AM, Securame said:

If you want to disable audio, just edit the stream, and change it from "Video+audio" to just "Video".

If you want to disable audio recording, but would still have live audio, the instead of changing the stream type go to the calendar, edit channel 1, advanced, and disable "Audio recording".

Settings may vay depending your firmware.

I have Audio on a couple of Hikvision cameras, and I’d like to be able to Disable/Enable the Audio feature. All I know is they’re 5mp cameras. I use an App, ProControl+. Is it possible to do this remotely/on DVR?