adamfindlay

Cant get different cameras working together on same DVR

Hi, I'm hoping somebody might be able to shed some light on an issue I have. I have a Kare 4 channel DVR with 2 Kare cameras that I bought from amazon (see below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vandalproof-Weatherproof-Resolution-Detection-Recording/dp/B00WLJ38DO/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1448016320&sr=1-4&keywords=kare+4+channel

That works fine in itself although I'm only using one of the cameras supplied (it came with 2)

I have now bought another smaller camera (see below)

http://www.lightinthebox.com/sony-effio-e-700tvl-ccd-mini-bullet-outdoor-invisible-10pcs-ir-940nm-leds-0-lux-night-vision-cctv-camera-4140-810-811_p2381033.html

problem is I cant get them both working concurrently on my DVR. If I just have the new one plugged in on its own then it works ok but as soon as I plug the original one back in then the new one stops working (just displays a black screen)

I know they are different qualities the original one is 720p and the new one is only 700tvl could this be the issue? Ive tried tweaking all the settings as you can independently change the resolution / frames per second etc for each channel but as of yet haven't had any joy.

Part of me thinks it cant be anything to do with any settings though because if I unplug camera 1 then camera 2 starts working with the existing settings I have which must mean they are ok, but then plugging camera 1 back in stops camera 2 working.

any ideas / expertise would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Adam

Have you made sure all the cameras use the both system, PAL or NTSC?

Most DVRs can work with both PAL and NTSC, you can change the setting, But all cameras have to be either PAL or NTSC, you can not mix them.

hi there,

The AHD DVR can connect AHD camera, 960H and D1 solution camera, for some AHD DVR it has chanel restriction, for example CH1, CH3, CH5,CH7 only can connect AHD camera,CH2,CH4,CH5 can connect AHD, 960H, D1 camera.

In fact it's a waste to connect D1 and 960H camera to AHD DVR.

Hope that can help you.

You do have 2 different format camera's. As with many AHD DVR's, you are limited to the channels of which camera's will work at the same time. Connect your 720P camera to Channel 1 and the standard analog camera to CH 2.