Sign in to follow this  
Dave1525

HIKvision 7200 - analogue camera

Hi to all.

I have just replaced a H-264 dvr, supplied by CCTV42, which was 4/5 yrs old.

This was rebadged Chinese unit of unknown parentage, hd controller failed.

The old unit had 9 channels and I replaced with HIKvision 7216 HGHI-SH.

This is a hybrid HDTVI , as I have analogue cameras wired with cat5.

As cameras are off Ebay, I was hopeful that the system would operate until we invested with better quality cameras (system installed in a Community Centre, with minimal funding).

Seven of the cameras operate at night with no problems, that is we can view the white blobs

Two of the cameras - NO VIDEO display message on screen at night.

If I connect the camera through a tester, I have video, thinking that power may be the problem, I boosted the supply to 1.5 amps (camera spec is for .5 amp), still no video.

Cameras are 18m-60ft from dvr, cat5 1 pair for signal, 3 pair for power.

The tester is screen only - used for position and focus.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Dave.

Hi to all.

I have just replaced a H-264 dvr, supplied by CCTV42, which was 4/5 yrs old.

This was rebadged Chinese unit of unknown parentage, hd controller failed.

The old unit had 9 channels and I replaced with HIKvision 7216 HGHI-SH.

This is a hybrid HDTVI , as I have analogue cameras wired with cat5.

As cameras are off Ebay, I was hopeful that the system would operate until we invested with better quality cameras (system installed in a Community Centre, with minimal funding).

Seven of the cameras operate at night with no problems, that is we can view the white blobs

Two of the cameras - NO VIDEO display message on screen at night.

If I connect the camera through a tester, I have video, thinking that power may be the problem, I boosted the supply to 1.5 amps (camera spec is for .5 amp), still no video.

Cameras are 18m-60ft from dvr, cat5 1 pair for signal, 3 pair for power.

The tester is screen only - used for position and focus.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Dave.

After much searching within the various forums, the conclusion I made was either voltage drop because of cable length or the ebay 9 way power unit or the 8 way pigtail

Back to square one, rigged up camera with two into one outputs from power unit as I thought that if connected in parallel this would supply the required voltage/power, this was a failure , then tried connecting single camera to single 12v transformer unit which was successful .

I now have cameras being powered by individual 1amp transformer, from 5 amp transformer with pigtails and some from a 9 way 10 amp power unit .

My attempts to cable in a neat and tidy manner wouldn't fool a blind man on a galloping horse

Think the problem is that I purchased a 9 way 10 amp power unit on Ebay and have suffered for going cheap. A lesson I learned from when I trawled through forums, which advised buying units from well known makers - unfortunately mostly USA and not readily available in the UK.

After all that fun and games I will now make another attempt to connect to the internet with Hikvision iVMS4500/iVMS4200 . Wish me luck, after d/l manual, looking at Youtube, trying to make sense of terms being used, if and when understanding the terms, where to get the information, translating terms used to terms on the system etc

Portforwarding, a real pleasure, nearly disappeared up my own orifice, after trials and tribulations, contributing a large amount to the brewing trade then finding out that I needed a extension to Chrome to view, a real real pleasure

ps. No not that IP address thats your internal address which you use to connect on your network, the external IP address which you use to connect when not on your network - which I had never cause to do. Until now.

Dave.