Sign in to follow this  
smallpoxman

HD-SDI DVR

Hello, I had purchased a DVR back in 2012 from LaView (LV-D0404BS) have installed all the cameras and was looking to upgrade. Problem is I'm not to familiar with any DVR's, I was looking to go HD-SDI. I have a 4Channel system, what do you suggest?

It is true that HD-SDI system offers the best quality video for Preview & Spot-Monitoring, simply because the videos are not compressed, as originally captured. But rather expensive than HD-analog system(HD-CVI, HD-TVI, and HD-AHD). Of course, you have to buy HD-SDI cameras and HD-SDI DVR. Both in the same brands.

The brands have to be similar to even work? Even if I had an HD-SDI DVR other brand camera, your telling me they wouldn't work together? Why is that? That sounds pretty silly, what is a good brand of DVR/Camera to go with? I do not know anything still learning

The brands have to be similar to even work? Even if I had an HD-SDI DVR other brand camera, your telling me they wouldn't work together? Why is that? That sounds pretty silly, what is a good brand of DVR/Camera to go with? I do not know anything still learning

If you have and SDI dvr you need an sdi camera. Same goes for CVI and AHD.

You are correct. I was wrong. SDI cameras can be viewed and recorded with a SDI-DVR. Not necessarily to be the same brand. But you may check the video size whether 720P or 1080P, because DVRs are hardware limited to the Processing Power of a chipsets which are Fixed on the board.