Sign in to follow this  
xgsound

Lorex dvr loud fan fix - $5.59

If your Lorex dvr/ nvr fan matches the 5V first picture Lorex%20dvr%20loud%20fan%20fix%20-%20$5.59

you can replace it with this 12V fan. It is $5.59 plus (free for prime) shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OFL1J8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Remove the integral fan with the 3 tiny screws between the blades. Be sure to remove the old fan. Most people will need to buy a

small enough philips screwdriver to remove these screws. For the wire connections (just black and

red) either splice in the colors to the old connector or realign the pins in the new fan as shown as

you desire. I used screws for my accessory box, I believe they are 1440 machine screws.

I did this in July 2015 for 2 of my son's systems and it cools well and is very quiet.

Jim

lorex1.jpg.2d40b6867481146d5d3b9791a4acb352.jpg

IMG_2419.JPG.019bbc09a91f17b035bbde9a2736294b.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG.a742f50d965f27288cb9c14f92c9110e.JPG

It's crazy how loud their fan is. I would have expected them to modify this as so many customers are complaining about it. Maybe they jacked their prices up 100% so they could fix this.

Generally replacing a computer fan is easy, cheap and fast. It's a shame that more people do not look into it and aren't aware that the fix is so easy.

Since the Lorex system gives so much for the money otherwise, it's foolish to not fix the fan problem for both the Lorex company and their customers.

Jim

To SB_Jim:

Swann may send a fan or a power supply as a good will measure. They might be concerned about liability too ! Try it if you like.

For the time involved, I would unplug and disassemble the power supply to test (voltmeter, A/C or D/C) the incoming voltage. Then measure the size (?40mm X 40mm X 10mm?) and check Amazon for a similar sized fan and connector.

They have many below $15.

Jim