Euphorical

[Question] SwannDVR DDNS Not Registering on DVR

Good afternoon,

I just recently purchased a Swann 960H Pro-Series security system. I have been trying to set it up, and everything seems to be going okay. (Email, NTP, etc.)

The only issue I have been running into is with the DDNS. I have already setup the SwannDVR.com DDNS and the status is Enabled, but when I go into my DVR and enter the DDNS information & test it, it always gives me a Failed Test. I have entered the exact Username, Password, Device Domain Name and DDNS type. When looking in the manual, it states to use the email address used to create the Swanndvr.com account, but I never used an email address to make it. All it asked for was a Username, Password and some misc. security questions.

So when it says to use the email address as the username, I am quite confused. Does anyone know what to do from this point?

Thank you for your time,

Euphorical

I have precisely the same problem as above. Everything works, can send email, access the NVR over WAN using the address my ISP has assigned to me, but the NVR fails to register with the DDNS I have set up with Swann.

Is there some magic combination of port forwarding I need or something?

I have precisely the same problem as above. Everything works, can send email, access the NVR over WAN using the address my ISP has assigned to me, but the NVR fails to register with the DDNS I have set up with Swann.

Is there some magic combination of port forwarding I need or something?

Hi. Why do you need Swann ddns when your ISP has given you a static IP ?

Hi. Why do you need Swann ddns when your ISP has given you a static IP ?

I dont have a static IP. If the enter the current IP for my router into SwannView mobile app it works fine. But then when my IP changes I have to update the app. This is why I wanted DDNS working...

Thanks.

So I found the answer - don't bother with the DDNS service at all, just set the mobile app to connect via P2P instead of Domain/IP, and enter the UID number from the NVR box.

Than it all works like magic, somehow!