Sign in to follow this  
astheros

HELP: Hikvision 7604NI-E14P doesnt see HDD

so i purchased this NVR along with 3 hikvision cameras to install a cctv system in my home in nyc. i have never done this before and I have just spent literally the last 8hrs trying to get the NVR to see my WD Purple 2tb drive.

when i first plugged it in, it saw the drive but it would not initialize it and the beeping sound would NEVER stop, not even by turning on exceptions.

i called Hikvision and the guy said to update firmware and call back. i did just that but when i called back they said the NVR was bought from ebay so they would not support it. eventhough it is a genuine red/white box NVR. english menus and all.

well, at one point i got the NVR to start formatting the drive but it got stuck at 20% and never moved from there.

well for the last 4hrs or so, the drive now wont even show up. i tried plugging it into my desktop and though the desktop saw it, it did not recognize it as a hard drive and thus would not let me format it.

i have tried using a diff sata data cable thinking maybe the cable was damaged but nothing. its literally 12am and i started at 4pm and i have not even installed the HD in this NVR and Hikvision is proving no help at all.

at this point i just want to at least get the drive in and then i am sure itll take me another 2 weeks to figure out how to install the cameras. for now i dont even care about mobile viewing or remote viewing. i just need the nvr to record and for me to be able to see the cameras on my tv in the livingroom.

any help would be greatly appreaciated.

and yes this is my first post on the forum so hello everyone. this is my last resort before i have to call an installer.

and just to be clear, i cant even get the beeping to stop. i go to exceptions, click on all and check off the audible box and the beeping continues. i have literally had beeping in my house for the last 8 hrs. my wife prob hates me inside right now. i am just the type to finish stuff when i start but its been 8hrs and i am still in step1 with no end in sight.

First of all, What type of HDD do you use?

Then maybe you need to update your firmware version.

i posted above that i am using a WD Purple 2TB SATA drive and that I have already updated the NVR to latest firmware

well, at one point i got the NVR to start formatting the drive but it got stuck at 20% and never moved from there.

well for the last 4hrs or so, the drive now wont even show up. i tried plugging it into my desktop and though the desktop saw it, it did not recognize it as a hard drive and thus would not let me format it.

Get another hard drive. The NVR and firmware have nothing to do here if you are not even able to get the HD working on your computer.

so i moved ahead one step. i got another HDD and the new one worked perfectly fine. i currently have 3 cameras connected to the NVR and 2 are showing up. they were picked up automatically. the one that is not showing up is the first camera i had connected when i was having all the issues. i guess i must have changed something at some point. how can i get the 3rd camera to show up?

i want the 3rd cam to show up so i can continue with installation around the house.

i think i understand what i am doing now enough to setup the remote monitoring after they are installed. i just need to know how i am going to make the ip addresses of the cameras and the nvr static.

but the next step right now is figuring out how to get the 3rd camera to show. or reset its settings i guess.