CCTV2016

Serial type audio connection help please

Hi, l want to buy this item, however my only concern is how to attach the 8 audio channels to the Serial connection without having to buy my own female Serial cable, cutting it up and adapting the connections to solder them to female rca phono connections. Is there a certain name of a cable that exists that l am not familiar of? Thank you very much.

cctvsfsdfsdf.png.d2680b86fa955f0a4f66c3e210d569a2.png

Most likely it's a external connection cable that comes with your DVR that split the 9 pin port to 8 audio input (1 Gnd, others 1 to 8 Audio in respectively).

Look inside the box for the cable.

Thanks, sadly it is an ebay item with no cable or connections included. Only the unit is being sold. I was wondering if there was a name of a specific cable l could by. i.e. serial to phono? But l can not find anything online.

Thanks, sadly it is an ebay item with no cable or connections included. Only the unit is being sold. I was wondering if there was a name of a specific cable l could by. i.e. serial to phono? But l can not find anything online.

It should be propriety cabling.

But looking at it, most likely it's either

Pin 1 - Gnd, P2 - P9 corresponding Audio + for 1 to 8.

Or

Pin 9 - Gnd, P1 - P8 corresponding to Audio + for 1 to 8.

You can take a serial cable, strip of the other end, and try. Do get one that has all 9 wire. Some of them only have 3/4 in them.

That's my guess. Anything goes wrong I'm not responsible.