Sign in to follow this  
Tomas Delgado

HIKVISION type of cameras supported

Hello experts,

I have a Hikvision DS-7204HQHI-SH Net DVR with 2 cameras.

I have another Net DVR that is not the same brand(something chinese without a manual) which has other cameras "Majestic PC" brand says in the camera, however i havent found a thing about spec of this things.

The issue is that i want to use one of those cameras that are connected to this unknown brand Net DVR and connect it to the Hikvision DVR.

In both systems, the cameras use +12 Vdc and video signal by separate in BNC connector at the back of the DVR.

I tried to connect the other camera to the Hikvision DVR but it doesn't detect it.

The Cameras connected to the Hikvision DVR in the system are saying that the format is NTSC. In the other Majestic PC brand camera it has attached a label with NTSC printed in it so i thought they were compatible but somehow the Hikvision DVR didnt detect it when i connect.

So my question is if is there a procedure to add the cameras to the Hik DVR or the Hik DVR should detect as soon as it gets signal?

If this is correct and the camera from the other system is not compatible, which camera type should i buy?

The manual says each channel supports dual stream. Main stream supports up to 1080P resolution and sub-stream supports up to WD1 resolution.

Thanks for the help

DS-7204HQHI-SH support CVBS (NTSC/PAL) or HD-TVI signals.

If you are using HD-CVI, HD-SDI, AHD Cameras, the system will not be able to display.

Depending on firmware, you might also need to have "paired" cameras with same signal to make the system works. i.e. if you mix CVBS or HD-TVI signals together, they must exist in pairs/empty channels to make up for the pair. Newer hardware/firmware drops that requirement, but earlier versions required that.