almelst

Hikvision TurboHD DVR resets itself to factory default.

Last week I installed two Hikvision's DS-7104HGHI-SH Turbo HD DVRs with V3.3.2 firmware. Both times I noticed strange behaviour:

After full setup (network, time, camera resolution, recording schedule, DDNS etc.) everything had worked fine, but later , upon power restart, all settings were reset to factory default except network and user settings, same as Restore function in Maintenance menu. Of course, I didn't open Maintenance menu. I work a lot with Hik's DVRs and this never happened to me before.

Any ideas ?

I was absent for some time ..

I use Hikvision's HiDDNS service, but I don't what's that got to do with my problem?

Maybe your dvr's both came with bad batteries in them

Could be, but as far as I know battery only supports real-time clock and has nothing to do with keeping settings.

Maybe your dvr's both came with bad batteries in them

Could be, but as far as I know battery only supports real-time clock and has nothing to do with keeping settings.

I'm facing the same problem in my DS 7208 HGHI-SH DVR. I'm unable to save any changes, it all reverts back to default on re-boot. Can't change the OSD settings, Camera view settings , nothing.

I'm even unable to update my firmware which is on 3.1.7. Have no idea what to do now.

Will try out changing the batteries inside the DVR ( if it's there )

Last week I installed two Hikvision's DS-7104HGHI-SH Turbo HD DVRs with V3.3.2 firmware. Both times I noticed strange behaviour:

After full setup (network, time, camera resolution, recording schedule, DDNS etc.) everything had worked fine, but later , upon power restart, all settings were reset to factory default except network and user settings, same as Restore function in Maintenance menu. Of course, I didn't open Maintenance menu. I work a lot with Hik's DVRs and this never happened to me before.

Any ideas ?