fasita

GE DVMRE Pro - Export/Backup all video?

Hi,

I'm a forensic computer examiner and have been tasked with retrieving video from two GE DVMRE Pro devices. Firmware version is 5.66. They are equipped with CD-R burners only, no DVD option. Is there any way to perform a mass backup or export of all the video from these devices? I understand that this version of firmware contains a proprietary file system, so no way to mount the HD with other tools and copy the data out for external viewers. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Hi. Are you viewing from dvr at the moment or PC ?

I have access to it both ways. I have it networked, and also have physical access. Thanks Tom!

Hi. Are you viewing from dvr at the moment or PC ?

I have access to it both ways. I have it networked, and also have physical access. Thanks Tom!

Hi. The system when bought comes with a burn option

Either cd or cd-dvr.

So you have two options use lots of cd or swap out cd writer for a DVD burner. As you can keep much more data.

But either cd or DVD the discs can only playback on a PC.

And with you having firmware over 3.3 . The player is added to each disk on completion of burning

Thanks! Is there any method besides burning to CD/DVD to export the footage? Our client is wanting basically ALL footage that's stored on the machine. I tested the burn to CD option and it looks like only about 45 minutes of footage fits on a single CD. Trying to find more time efficient way to get all the footage off the machine.