spe99

Audio problems with my Dahua DVR

Hi,

I have Audio Problems with my Dahua DVR:

I tried to add an external microphone with the CAM1 on my Dahua DVR.

I undersand that 4 RCA input on back panel are for Channel 1 to 4 and for 5 to 8 (or to 16) the connection is thru DB25 connector.

I try to check the box "Audio/Video" on the "System Config, Encode"" for the Channel 1. (This box is unchecked for all other channels)

I can't hear any audio on the "Channel 1" RCA !

Just a small sound on Channel 4 RCA connector !

I tried to connect the MIC to RCA 1 to 4 and I can only listening to a small audio sound when the MIC is on the RCA channel 4 attached !

The mic is a small "Surveillance RCA CCTV Mic Microphone Sound Monitor CCTV Sound pick-up Camera " like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mini-Spy-Hidden-CCTV-Microphone-for-Surveillance-DVR-System-Output-Audio-TK-/201496379321?hash=item2eea1ebfb9:g:O3IAAOSw0vBUbYU8

My questions:

- Are this sort of microphone a joke or usable to hear audio on DVR ?

- If I check the channel 1 "Audio/Video" box on the DVR, I can only hear the microphone sound attached on the channel 1 RCA connector ? (I f I check the Channel 2 is only RCA Channel 2, etc.)

- Where can I find pinout for this DB25 connector. Anybody have this pinout ?? (nothing on the manual)

Many thanks for your help.

Regards.

I have installed 2 dahua dvr's with audio .1 hd-cvi and 1 hd-sdi .both work this way ,

Rca audio input 1 will only play audio on camera channel 1 .

Rca audio input 2 will only play audio on camera channel 2 ,

3 on 3 and 4 on 4 unless something is different with your dvr .that's why your dvr model # would help .

The microphone you have may not have a pre-amp so it will only output a line voltage or a very low weak signal which is why you only hear very low audio .you probably need a pre-amp like jeromephone suggested.

Audio is a fragile signal that is easily compromised by stray electrical induction .you should use a shielded rca cable front the mic to the dvr .

Also , if your mic is hooked to rca audio input 1 and you are looking at camera 1 .don't forget to click on the little microphone icon on the bottom of the page .

Also make sure the little speaker icon does not have an X thru it and the volume is turned up on your monitor .

Edited by Guest

Hi. It is hit and miss with that type of mic so do an easy test with mic only

Disconnect it from dvr and either plug it in to monitor or rca on your tv and see if you get sound.

You have not said also how you have audio out to monitor from dvr

Also on all dahua you have mic control on top left of each image on the monitor .... Have you switched enable sound

Hi,

Many thanks for replies and suggestion.

My DVR is a Dahua DVR0804HF-U DVR.

Yes the mic is powered and directly attached back to the DVR to make sound check.

I will try again this week-end.

Best regards