austin99

Scanning large amounts of recorded footage (Hikvision)

Hi there,

I've got a lot of footage that I've recorded and I'd like to scan it in an efficient manner.

The iVMS-4200 client only seems to allow playback at 16x speed which is rather slow for scanning large amounts of footage, especially since I'm not using motion detection.

Is there way of reviewing footage at a faster rate or some "smart" playback feature? I've had a quick dig around but I can't spot anything.

Thanks

Alternatively is there a general solution to this - e.g. by exporting the 1TB of video footage and using some other piece of software to playback the data at super quick speed.

....or even better it would be great if there were any software where you could specifiy an area of the video an get it to fast forward to when motion detection occurs here - kinda like a post-processing motion detection instead of doing it capture time (if that makes sense).

Any help or pointers are appreciated. Thanks

Hi there,

I've got a lot of footage that I've recorded and I'd like to scan it in an efficient manner.

The iVMS-4200 client only seems to allow playback at 16x speed which is rather slow for scanning large amounts of footage, especially since I'm not using motion detection.

Is there way of reviewing footage at a faster rate or some "smart" playback feature? I've had a quick dig around but I can't spot anything.

Thanks

Hikvision Latest iVMS4200 will allow you to click to the spot you want to view. You can use your mouse to select the video in different time.

You can go to yourtube.com and search "remote playback of hikvision NVR" you will find instructions on that.