Sign in to follow this  
Sabolich

Can't find the right system for my wishlist. Please help! :(

I've never had a surveillance system and trying to pick among all the NVR's + Cameras systems out there has been driving me crazy. I'm hoping someone can help me narrow it down as I seem to be running in circles and can't decide.

My Wish List:

- IP / POE based NVR/Cams (one system 8 channel another system 16 channle)

- Motion based recording BUT ALSO to have the option for continuous recording that also creates motion events on the timeline.

- Relatively decent outdoor 1080p cameras.

- High bit rate (enough to record 1080 on 8 camera system for one house and 16 camera system for another house.)

- A UI that doesn't look like it's from the early 90's! (Is there any NVR that has a modern, solid, full featured UI? Even if it's pricey, is there something near the same ballpark as something like blueiris, etc? If not, then the next best option?)

- Comes with wide angle cameras (90 - 105 degrees) or better yet, the option to pick between focal lengths.

- Decent night vision. Don't need hundreds of feet, but a solid 50ft would be nice.

- Good mobile platform (this is to install at rental properties, so property owner wants to be able to view remotely so need something that has a good app / no port forwarding needed).

- Preferably something that can also has the option for cloud recording in-case the NVR is stolen / damaged.

- Simultaneous monitoring of all channels. (and preferably simultaneous playback as well of all channels or at least multiple channels hopefully)

- Good Quality / Reliable: As these are in rentals, we don't want to have to be messing with this system a bunch, rebooting, etc.) We want to set it and forget it.

- Scrollable timeline (again, updated UI)

- Relatively quiet (again, in rental, so not bothering tenants).

- Ease of system build / install: Since I'm no expert, I would like to buy a complete system rather than piecing a bunch of stuff together.

- Camera Licenses: Preferably none, but if necessary to get what I'm looking for I'm willing to pay a one time license.

- Hard drive overide: Meaning that it records over the earliest footage if drive fills up. I assume most have this, but not sure.

- Pentaplex: Honestly I don't know if we really need this. Just seems like some of the nicer quality ones I've seen have it so figure if it does, then it's probably a well built NVR...?

Thank you SO much in advance!