meeotch

need help identifying a DVR

I inherited a security system installed in a building I purchased. It's been happily chugging along with no input from me for a while - but after reading about the recent security vulnerability found in many rebranded DVR's, I decided to try and determine if it's safe to have this system net-connected.

Unfortunately, all I've got is a model #EG-DH98WDG, for which google gives zero hits. There doesn't seem to be any manufacturer info on the DVR itself, or on the CD of software & user manual pdf's.

The user manual gives instructions for upgrading the firmware, but no mention of a website where such firmware might be obtained, nor any info on who the manufacturer might be. I'm guessing this is by design, b/c otherwise it's pretty weird. Aside from the user manual, the CD contains the hilariously named "Hyper Electronics Mappers" software, which is a PC application for connecting to the DVR remotely.

I've attached a couple of photos (sorry for the crap cellphone camera quality) of the DVR & its local GUI. Any guesses as to who the maker is, or where I can go for updates?

box.thumb.jpg.82c346d84d44dd1acd29e5ad83712ca0.jpg

gui.thumb.jpg.9fd3da73503a3f95986f6d5294fed86d.jpg