Sign in to follow this  
kinhell

Samsung SRD-470D Constantly rebooting

My Samsung SRD-470D dvr keeps rebooting. I can see on the screen the reboot sequence and sometimes it reboots straight away and sometimes it makes it to the end and I can see the pictures from the cameras and it seems to be working. At times it seconds and other times it lasts 20 minutes and then reboots. Has anyone come across this and know how to resolve it?

My Samsung SRD-470D dvr keeps rebooting. I can see on the screen the reboot sequence and sometimes it reboots straight away and sometimes it makes it to the end and I can see the pictures from the cameras and it seems to be working. At times it seconds and other times it lasts 20 minutes and then reboots. Has anyone come across this and know how to resolve it?

Have a look at two things. Powersupply and harddrive. First disconnect your harddrive. Boot up, if it reboots again have a look at the powersupply What is the rating of the powersupply? If it stated 12vDC connect it to a multimeter and check to see if it gives the rated power. It may be that as soon as the harddrive spins up the powersupply fails to provide power to all the parts and then restarts.

I've just had the same issue and believe it to be a bad signal from one of the cameras, looking in the logs there was mulitiple video loss logs from the same channel prior to the reboots. Check fans on the PSU and device are working correctly and run the drives thru a checking utility like SpinRite to make sure the drives are not bad.