deconstructor

Camera Compatibility for Bunker Hill DVR

Hello respected CCTV forum members.

I just recently got roped into troubleshooting a spiderweb of broken surveillance systems at a place of business. There are 4 separate systems there that were all not working. The owner is very set on getting them working rather than upgrading. I was able to get a newer PC-based system online (and half of the total cameras) due to a blown PC power supply. I am generally a computer guy, and have plunged head first into the world of surveillance. 1 down 3 to go.

The second system is a harbor freight box with 4 cameras (Bunker Hill item no. 61229). I determined that 3 of the 4 cameras were faulty by taking the one working camera and testing it at the other 3 cameras' locations where it functioned properly (eliminating possible line issues). My issue is that there is very little documentation on the technical details of these systems that I understand are "sub-par" in the wide world of CCTV.

What I know (after learning and research) is that these cameras are 550TVL with BNC connectors and that the box is h.264. I'm trying to find a cheap camera on ebay that will work with this system, but have no idea what will work, and asking the sellers is not helpful.

I apologize for the long-winded post and would appreciate any insight, suggestions or answers you all may have. Thank you!