S0KiN

AveMedia AverDigi EH5216+ Password reset.

Hello guys,

I apologise before hand if this issue has already been handled and solved before. I am facing a problem with my Aver-Digi EH5216+. The DVR had been installed more than 6 years ago and never showed any problems. About a month ago and after a power surge both HDDs of the DVR failed. I installed new ones but in order to use-record the HDDs need to be formatted and added to the DVR through it's interface. In order to do so though I need to log in with the superuser account and password which I don't remember and I am unable to retrieve since the local vendor has stopped collaboration with AverMedia and stopped supporting this line of product.I already inputted as passwords the usual ones like 111111,000000,admin,password,123456,superuser but they were unsuccessful.The simple user account logs in normally with its 111111 password but has no rights to access anything other than the network setting.I also tried clearing the CMOS from the system but it was also unsucessful.Thought about formating the new drives to the same state as the ones that failed and tricking the system to start recording on them. I already emailed,almost 2 weeks ago, Aver-Media's Customer and Tech Support but they have until this moment not answered. Does anyone have any knowledge on how to reset the superuser password or any alternative line of action?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.