TomC

Mini NVR motion detection

Hello all,

I have an 8 channel ESCAM K208 mini NVR (with the 20160707 firmware) which would be absolutely perfect for my needs were it not for one infuriating problem:

Motion detection from my cameras is picked up fine using either ONVIF or I12 (I know this from the NVR logs) however the subsequent recordings bare no resemblance to the log in that they start about 2 seconds too late or finish way too short.

The end result is some pretty useless footage that may or may not actually capture the motion subject.

If I enable 'pre recording' then things get much worse - with a 5s pre record, the captured footage only lasts a second at best.

I've tried both ESata and USB drive connections and a whole range of 2.5" and 3.5" HDD's.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a fix or should I give up on the Mini NVR?

Hi.

I have a escam K508 NVR (20160707) and some QD300 cameras.

Hard drive is installed inside NVR.

Yesterday i tried to setup motion activation and I got exactly your same problems.

More, if I change motion sensitivity and i save, when I check it's reverted to default value.

Did you find any solution?

Hi

I have same problem, does anybody got the K508 from escam up running with reasonable functionality.

Please some advice!!

Br Soren