gzamanis

Hikvision DS-7208HWI-SH/A remote access

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-7208HWI-SH/A and I want to view it through ddns. I've tried several things but I cannot get it to work. It seems one of the problems to be with port forwarding. Although I can successfully forward a port for eg. utorrent, the relevant ports of the dvr still show up as closed.

Here is my setup:

DVR DS-7208HWI-SH/A connected to access point TP-LINK TL-WA801ND

Access point wireless connection to my main router TP-LINK TD-W8980

DVR has static IP, its DNS is my router

AP has static IP

I can use the software and can view the DVR directly from its IP through a browser without any problems, from inside the home network.

I have also tried with the hikvision ddns service, but when I try to add my device it says "the device does not exist" although the serial number is correct and the ports are left as default. I've tried with different ports as well, but no luck.

Any clues?

Hi, Try With DYndns Account Insted of Hiddns . Or Directly type your Static Ip , Also You check with Your Internet Provider is the Particular Port Is open Or Not ?

I have a Hikvision DS-7208HWI-SH/A and I want to view it through ddns. I've tried several things but I cannot get it to work. It seems one of the problems to be with port forwarding. Although I can successfully forward a port for eg. utorrent, the relevant ports of the dvr still show up as closed.

Here is my setup:

DVR DS-7208HWI-SH/A connected to access point TP-LINK TL-WA801ND

Access point wireless connection to my main router TP-LINK TD-W8980

DVR has static IP, its DNS is my router

AP has static IP

I can use the software and can view the DVR directly from its IP through a browser without any problems, from inside the home network.

I have also tried with the hikvision ddns service, but when I try to add my device it says "the device does not exist" although the serial number is correct and the ports are left as default. I've tried with different ports as well, but no luck.

Any clues?

I've tried several ports, even outside the "hot" range the ISPs tend to block, but no luck. I've created a no-ip account but I get the warning about ports not open, so there is no difference in what service I choose.

Using the IP works fine, within the network of course..

Hello

I managed to set up a Hikvision DDNS service today so hopefully I can help. I also got “device does not exist” when adding a device on my new http://www.hik-online.com account. When inputting the device serial number you only need to input the last 9 numbers not the whole serial number. The device domain name that you create has to be unique that no one else has resisted. I use my year of birth with a few random letters.

The following youtube video is the best I’ve found for setting up DDNS. Watching from 18:35 might be helpful.

Ok guys,

Call me stupid, but for some reason, I had input the APs IP address as the gateway for the DVR, and not the IP of my main router... Thus the DVR could not connect to the internet, could not get the ports forwarded and could not communicate with the hik ddns service.

All good now.

Thanks for all your help.