Sign in to follow this  
wesam_az

NEED HELP PLZ

I have 2 hikvision 7216HQHI DVRs , there're 30 cameras ,15 cameras connected to each of them, the problem is the technician who connected all these cameras ,used long coaxial G59 cables (about 520meters-500-350-280m 250m ) ,with BNC female to female connectors to extend cables, which caused so many problems , among of them loss of signal , the video is not clear and other problems that I'm suffering from.

My question is there any other way to shorten the length of cables ,such as using amplifiers with RJ45 port to extend my coaxial g56 cables.

any advice will be apprechiated

Thanks in advance

I have 2 hikvision 7216HQHI DVRs , there're 30 cameras ,15 cameras connected to each of them, the problem is the technician who connected all these cameras ,used long coaxial G59 cables (about 520meters-500-350-280m 250m ) ,with BNC female to female connectors to extend cables, which caused so many problems , among of them loss of signal , the video is not clear and other problems that I'm suffering from.

My question is there any other way to shorten the length of cables ,such as using amplifiers with RJ45 port to extend my coaxial g56 cables.

any advice will be apprechiated

Thanks in advance

Good day

Are you running these lengths with or without power? (is power separate?) have you tried using ground-loop isolators? with proper cable you should be able to run 500m no problem, going from coaxial to Ethernet can work but might cause even more issues, power could be your issue here, you do get boosters like a active balun

Regards

thanks for your reply,

no, the Power socket of each camera is next to it in plastic box with data connector and it's not running along with the data cable, but some cameras have more than female to female connectors to extend the coaxial cable.

as I read the maximum coaxial g59 cable length is 700 feet (without amplifier) and this number increase with amplifier , but I don't know which amplifier should I use and also I'd like to advice me if there any other way to shorten my cables by using any LAN cable or some thing like that to extend my g59 cables

thanks again

500m is a long distance, but it SHOULD be doable with good quality cable. Even with HDTVI 1080p.

Make sure what DVR you have; I think there is no such thing as a 7216HQHI (only 4ch and 8ch for the HQHI series).

Post pictures of cables/connections.

I'm sure my DVR model number is Ds-7216hqhi-sh turbo HD

https://video.xortec.de/media/pdf/310290157.pdf

www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2015060816102489271.pdf

all cameras connected are hd-TVI

my coaxial cable brand elan (elan.it)

what if I used CCTV video balun to running cat5/6 cable instead of g59 cables?? is that will solve the problem???

thanks in advance

what if I used CCTV video balun to running cat5/6 cable instead of g59 cables?? is that will solve the problem???

Cool, I did not know they made the 16ch model now.

From my experience; NO, it will make it worse. When using HDCVI/HDTVI 1080p over long runs, I think a good coaxial cable is better than any good Cat6 cable with baluns.

I have no idea on how the cameras are spread, but with those distances maybe I would have put several 4ch/8ch HDTVI DVRs, and then used a main NVR to record all the feeds. But the planning needs to be done before doing the project...

Post pictures of cables/connections.

this is a picture of cables paths .

the numbers in red color indicates to the cameras (indoor /outdoor) the blue line indicates to the paths of the cables running under ground .

hope to help me to find a solution to this problem. The greater the length of the cable, the more problems loses signal

image11.jpg.dd16e8c0e50349a2326e6949ee1a6af9.jpg