TabithaGrace

Need Q-See NVR repair or replacement

My NVR suddenly stopped working and all I get is a green screen on the display.

It is a Q-See, which I've had a whopping 1 ½ years. It is 8 channel 3TB and came with 8 1080p IP cameras, which work fine.

My questions are:

1. Does this sound fixable and if so, how do I find someone to repair this?

2. If not fixable, how do I find a replacement? The few places I've looked, have systems with cameras, but all I need/want is the NVR. Also, what do I look for in order to makes sure an NVR is compatible with my cameras?

Thank you for your help!

Hi. Your unit should still be under warranty

But you have a dahua system ..... So easy to find a replacement

Look at lorex NVRs or if you want full support and long warranty look at IC realtime.

And as your system is not working on IC realtime site look at downloads and load PSS onto your PC ..... This will allow you to run 2 or 4 of your cameras ..... Till you get sorted with another NVR

Smart PSS ... Click on link from PC.

http://www.icrealtime.com/support/software-downloads/smarticrss-remote-client-software_windows_2016-05-30.zip

Thanks so much, tomcctv!

I received a response from Q-See today and they told me to remove the hard drive, then turn on the NVR. They gave no explanation or instructions so I assume they are trying to take me through a process of elimination to see if it could be the hard drive causing the issues.

In any case, they didn't tell me how to unplug the hard drive!

I miss my cameras SO much...especially this time of year! It is very frustrating that this junk from China lasts such a short time. It is like they program it to stop functioning once the warranty is out. I just wish there was a place locally where I could go pick one up.

You mentioned something about a PC, but all I have is a MacBook so I guess that wouldn't work.

Thank you for any other suggestions you can offer. I am desperate to get this thing operating quickly!