Sign in to follow this  
tom wood

Dahua NVR3104 firmware upgrade

Hi there, this is my first post although the site has been helpful as a visitor.

I have a Dahua NVR3104H-P that has many features missing, like Search and motion detection and want to upgrade the firmware.

Presently 2.610.0000.7 to General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.6.R.20140507

I have read through many posts and YouTube that simple say go into the Upgrade menu and Start, very often mentioning a .BIN file, and occasionally an .IMG file.

I have found many sites with newer .BIN files , sometimes in a ZIP file, but no .IMG files.

The NVR does not recognise the .BIN file, it just gives error "open file failed"

Do I need a .IMG file instead? and where do I get one, or how do I make one?

Why are there all these available .BIN files if they do not work?

Sorry, a lot of questions. Any help welcomed.

Regards Tom

Do not upgrade. You do not know what you are doing, and upgrading with the wrong firmware will brick your NVR.

So unless you have a very good reason for upgrading, and you know you are using the correct firmware, just leave it as it is.

I have upgraded firmware on lots of equipment many times - the Dahua instructions are useless - I just need some guidance on the file to use.

The IS a reason to upgrade it. The notes for 2.616.0000.0 says it adds " Support smart search for function when playback" which is what I want.

I have a Dahua DVR and have no trouble setting up motion detect and search on that - and it is the same GUI.

Hi. Dahua firmware is region specific load the wrong one and you will brick it. You should only update from the unit

Do you have the run man icon at bottom of your gui

I would always upgrade directly from the actual unit.

The files I have found are like -: General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.6.R.20140507.bin

The running man icon is there but greyed out.

I would always upgrade directly from the actual unit.

The files I have found are like -: General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.6.R.20140507.bin

The running man icon is there but greyed out.

Hi. Yes it is always greyed out until playback

What are you doing with the file .... Explain what you are doing.

The run man ia always greyed out - cannot activate it - and this is on full screen - I know that it does not work on multi-screen.

I copy the BIN file to usb stick - go into VERSION - Upgrade - click on this give an error "open file failed"

Of course this could be because I have the wrong type of file, which is what I have been asking about.

This fails with usb stick in front or back usb socket.

I have noticed one thing. On the DVR "DETECT" menu there is a TEST button to to test the motion area that has been set, which is very handy. On the NVR there is no TEST button, so I cannot be sure if the motion detection is working.

Regards Tom

I've used 512MB 1GB 4GB all the same result - the file is only 15KB

It needs 1g and needs to be clean .... Format one and try that

And reboot recorder before you start the process again

Hi tomccty

I tried a clean 1MB pen - still the same.

I was looking through the many files that I had downloaded, including bin, img, and zip.

I found a zip file which when unzipped gave a file called update.bin.

This file was exactly the same size as a 2.610 bin file, so I changed the name of General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.616.0000.6.R.20140507.bin to UPDATE.BIN

Using this I now have a NVR with Version 2.616.0000.6 !!

The search can now be activated. although it never finds anything. So the motion detect is not working.

I will look at that tomorrow.

Regards Tom

Hi tomcctv, or anybody else that's interested.

Using running man - go into search - select full screen(it does not work in multiscreen) and play,

running man goes from grey to black - click on man and the screen give a grid that you can select an area - then click on man again and it should search for all the motion detections.

But it comes up with " There is no motion data in the current region"

I select Motion Detection in Settins/Detect - Enable - click region and select the full screen

I've tried a combination of Manual recording, scheduled and Motion Detect, but no luck.

On my DVR I just have to set to manual record and set the region, and it works fine.

Trying to plough through a 270 page PDF is no fun and it's disconcerting when it says something like

" some features may not be relevant" , but doesn't tell you which features or which model.

Testing my DVR for motion detect is easy as it has a test button when setting the motion area and a led on the front panel when a channel is recording, neither are on the NVR.

It looks like the only way I can tell if there is a motion detection is makie up an output alarm, if I can figure that out - again the instructions are not very good.

I was wondering what you found in those documents TOMCCTV

Regards Tom Wood

Hi.tom what colour is your unit black or white case ?

It sounds like you have only one recording option picked.

This is the latest gui is yours the same or only 1 line .

image.thumb.jpeg.332bab856542cf65f907b986af0895fe.jpeg

Hi TomCCTV

The case is the 1 unit black box - all squared off corners.

The GUI is the same except it has another parameter ( 2nd line ) under Channel

ANR 1800 sec a Box to enable I don't know what ANR is

1800 is the default the box is not enabled

Regards Tom

On the screen posted .... On yours click regular and motion in period 1

Then go and mover around by your cameras for a few minutes then try the running man

Hi I,ve tried it with Regular and MD, only regular, only MD and it still will not find motions in a search.

I've spend enough time on this problem - I'm just going to live with for the moment.

I certainly won't buy Dahua again - their support is terrible.

Thank you tomcctv for your input. Regards Tom