djordje

HIKVISION DS-7632NI-I2 and Axis 212PTZ. HELP please

Hi guys,

I've been working with video surveillance for few years now, designed, implemented and administer system of 200+ Axis cameras working on dedicated NetAvis servers. Few days back for the first time in my lap landed HIKVISION NVR, model DS-7632NI-I2.

Mission? Connect it with current set of 30 Axis cameras. Axis models are: M3204 (9pcs), P3343 (10pcs), M1031-W (5pcs) and darn 212PTZ (6pcs). I guess you can see where this leads

DS-7632NI-I2 came with 3.4.6 firmware. On boot and after initial network configuration NVR recognized all 30 cameras and set them with "AXIS" protocol. All cameras but 212PTZ model worked fine, 5 out of 6 of them were offline. Only difference between Axis camera models is that 212PTZ uses MPEG4 compression while other models use H264. Error displayed was "Offline(Stream type from the IP camera is not supported)”. 1 out of 6 212PTZ worked just fine. So, I went looking for difference in settings of cameras. None found. All of them use latest firmware (4.49), identical settings on all of them, even NetAvis is using same settings for view and recording for all cameras. All cameras are on same network device. I suspected it was some kind of glitch... Restarted NVR and after boot all 6 of 212PTZ were down. Deleted all 6 of them, added only 1 that worked in first place. Still got the same error - "Offline(Stream type from the IP camera is not supported)”. Rebooted. Same error. Tried setting other protocols, got error that invalid parameters are set.

Just to verify I didn't went cuckoo I reset NVR to factory defaults. Same story all over again. Just 1 of 6 212PTZ works fine, same one as last time. Once again went searching for differences between 6 cameras, none found. Rebooted device, none of 6 212PTZ works. Contacted my supplier, they send me new firmware for NVR, version 3.4.9 (build 160926). Apply and reboot. No luck there either... Just to test if there is any problems with network I added 1 HIKVISION camera with 1MP sensor. Works perfect. Removed it from system. Deleted all 6 of them, added only 1 that worked in first place. Still got the same error - "Offline(Stream type from the IP camera is not supported)”. Rebooted. Same error.

I'm all out of ideas, logic doesn't apply here as far as I can see.

Only assumption I have is that predefined "AXIS" protocol on NVR is set to communicate using H264 so there is problem using Axis cameras with MPEG4 codec. I don't have any other camera with MPEG4 codec at my disposal to test this theory of mine. Still, even if that is true how come did 1 camera worked?!

Any help is welcome, if you ever happen to find yourself in Bosnia, ćevapi are on me, as much as you can eat