Sign in to follow this  
tcsenter

Who makes/rebrands what and DVR recommendation

Hello! Hope this is appropriate sub-forum I apologize in advance if not but I'm kinda in a pinch (I'm sure you guys don't hear that one very often). I know most of the 'real' manufacturers and their 'rebranders' in the personal computer/component market but not the CCTV systems market.

I was asked to help replace a DVR for a family friend's business. I said 'sure why not' (famous last words). They have been using mediocre Q-See products, a mixture of D1 and WD1 (960H) NTSC analog RCA->BNC cameras (mostly D1), two audio channels. They are not interested at this time in replacing or upgrading cameras since they just did that two years ago.

Could anyone give recommendation for 16-channel DVR with these supports (or just recommend a couple brands and I can go to their catalog and locate a suitable model):

• Analog NTSC cameras BNC input, 960H and D1
  • At least two RCA audio inputs/channels
  • One of those hybrid/tribrid systems for future camera upgrades is OK but not required
  • 1 or 2 SATA HDD ports (doesn't require more than 2)
  • GigabitE port support remote admin/monitoring over network
  • Decent mobile device app for remote view (iphone/android)
  • No plan to use PTZ control (optional)
  • Alarms input/output not required
  • The usual recording trigger modes (motion trigger et. al.)
  • Decent firmware support/updates
  • Decent enough warranty (e.g. 2 years)

Preferably a brand/company that has some compatibility (or reputation) to work with other brand cameras, though I understand none of them guarantee it. There is a max budget of maybe $350 (US) can't afford the Samsung, Panasonic, Toshiba or those premium professional brands. Thanks for reading!