49rfaithful

HELP! DS-7208HWI-SH Issues after firmware update

Hi all, was having issues getting e-mail alerts and decided to update my DS-7208HWI-SH with the latest firmware (was previously running v2.x).

New Firmware:

Baseline Firmware_DVR (7208/7308HWI-SH)_En_V3.1.4_build150430(new)

I tried flashing the firmware through an older version of iVMS 4200 on my Mac, by logging into the DVR using the remote configuration utility within the application. It looked like it would finish, but then gave a network error at the very end. Tried it a second time and it did the same thing. I figured a reboot might be required to apply the update. Well.. I rebooted and now can no longer access the device either over my network or on my monitor that is directly connected to it. Upon reviewing my connected devices on my router, I see that it is indeed connected to my network (via a DHCP assigned address instead of the static IP that I had previously set on the DVR itself). I can successfully ping the DVR.

I've since updated my iVMS 4200 software on my Mac and PC but cannot get the device to show up. Power light is solid green and the TX/RX light flashes green as well.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!

You might (and probably should) get lucky recovering the unit using TFTP.

3.1.4 is the latest firmware. And if you were trying to get emails to work with TLS/Gmail, it won't happen, not even with the latest firmware.

Thanks secureme, will try TFTP tomorrow. Is there any known method to use a Mac or am I stuck using a PC? (The latter would require me to disconnect all cameras and bring the DVR to my desktop in an alternate location) Also, flash the latest version mentioned, just via TFTP, correct?

Able to connect via TFTP and it begins transmitting the file, but even after 20 min it is stuck in the below step:

Completed file [path] transmit

It never gets to the system update completed step. I've tried turning the DVR and restarting the TFTP process, but same result. Any advice?