Stack15

H.264 R3 Prestige DVR -> Where is my mouse cursor??

Hello all!

Like the title says... I have a H.264 Digital Video Recorder System R3 Prestige. I have owned it for about six years and now the mouse cursor has disappeared from the display screen. I have reviewed the instruction manual - no help. And I have used google - also no help. I have reset the system using the menu options and I have also unplugged it and rebooted it.

I did find a thread on this forum saying I should hold the left mouse button for 10 seconds. That didn't work. I have also switched the video output from VGA to component with no luck and then from component back to VGA. That also had no luck. I've used three different mouses (or is that mice?) and both of the USB inputs. The mouse will light up each time but a cursor doesn't appear on the TV screen. The TV is connected to the DVR via composite cable (yellow input).

I'm at a loss for what else to do. Why would the mouse cursor disappear? Using the remote control to rewind the system is very cumbersome and annoying. I don't want to spend $500-$800 on a new DVR. Does anyone know how to get the mouse to come back?

Thank you!