cosmarchy

Trouble with No-IP and NVR

Ok, so Hivkision in their infinite wisdom decided to knock Hik-Online on the head and replace with Hik-Connect. The problem is that my DS-7604 does not support Hik-Online when it comes to DDNS and I cannot update the firmware, as Hikvision instruct, as it is at the latest version already.

So, I am having a lot of trouble setting up DDNS with no-ip.

This is what my settings look like:

Untitled.png

Does anyone have any idea why the connection fails?

Thanks

Ok, so now I'm confused...

I have forwarded TCP ports 80, 8000, 554 and 443 in the router to the IP of the NVR. When I check them with http://www.canyouseeme.org/ which confirms 80, 8000 and 554 are open BUT 443 reports connection refused

So, I tried the setup guide on the no-ip website which takes you through a very generic setup. Part of which sets DDNS on my router (which I didn't think was necessary since there is a DDNS in the NVR which I thought would take care of this). At the end of the guide it checks the ports are open. Only port 80 is open

Interestingly, the NVR still refuses to connect to the DNS server which uses the same credentials as my router but this does connect successfully as when I type the DNS domain into my web browser, I am greeted with the log in page of the NVR so something is clearly working!!

Do I really need the DDNS setup in the router? I did really want the NVR setup working.

Did you try just port forwarding to the outside IP address to see if that works also check and see if your ISP blocks certain ports. I set up a port forwarding for someone and I could not port forward 8002 as the ISP had blocked it.

Hi. Hiddns is no longer available ...... System had to be registered with them before December and now February it was locked

Also there new is managed by Amazon ..... Can't hik the supposedly biggest and best run there own

As far as your no-IP account ...... Your password is too short go for 8 digits or above.

Did you try just port forwarding to the outside IP address to see if that works also check and see if your ISP blocks certain ports. I set up a port forwarding for someone and I could not port forward 8002 as the ISP had blocked it.

I did read an interesting post saying the the router "does not support NAT loopback, which is why you cannot access your server from within your own network."

I tried using my mobile phone to get on a different network in order to scan port 443 and it said that it was closed so a different result to it being "connection refused"!!

account ...... Your password is too short go for 8 digits or above.

Interesting one this; I type in my password which is 10 digits long and I get green ticks to say they are both the same. Once I've clicked Save, gone to a different page and then come back again (I'n some vein attempt at causing a refresh in case it needs a prompt to try and connect to the dns - see how bad this has got ) the password has reduced to what you see there.