sopered

MDR688DB Firmware loading problem

Hello

I have a VC-CCTV-VGA02Z 16ch DVR and looks the same as the CPCAM CPD558B and the AVTECH AVC798BD

and the board in the unit has MDR688BD on it. I found the firmware on this site.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21569&sid=3a4623615ad01617ef4640575dfbe24a&start=15

The unit starts up and takes me to a test page and I can see my camera in the background and no mouse control. After the test completes (some fail and some pass) it shows resetting DVR and goes to a black background and still no mouse control.

The problem is it will not take the firmware. I have tried 8 USB sticks with no luck. One of the sticks is a cruzer micro 2GB and when I do the upgrade procedure (short TP5 & TP6 until the beep) the display shows "Enter USB Upgrade Mode (1/6) Update APP"

the red light on the board goes out and the USB light stays on solid and nothing happens and the monitor loses connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

There are site's still selling these units under different names.

http://www.pcguyzstore.com/cctv-camera-systems/new-avtech-avc798bd-16-channels-real-time-480fps-h-264-dvr-remote-view-control-mouse-network-vga-usb-dvd-r-cms-audio-over-internet-with-2tb.html

And even if it is old somebody still has the firmware somewhere.

Is the firmware in my first post the wrong firmware?

Thanks

It was free and the specs show 480fps

Again it's old ....... Yes 480fps ONLY AT CIF recording.

And your last link ..... It was listed in 2012

Why are you looking to do a firmware update ??

I am trying to get it up and running.

Can't get past the test screen and hope to restore it.

I have worked on computers for 35 years and enjoy doing what can't be done even if I pull all my hair out LOL.

It has become a challenge of sorts.

And being old isn't such a bad thing

I am trying to get it up and running.

Can't get past the test screen and hope to restore it.

I have worked on computers for 35 years and enjoy doing what can't be done even if I pull all my hair out LOL.

It has become a challenge of sorts.

And being old isn't such a bad thing

Being in the computer industry for 35years ......... Then you should understand what unsupported means..... No support since 2011

IT is in the CCTV world no one wants D1 6fps or CIF @ 10 fps

Being in the computer industry for 35years ......... Then you should understand what unsupported means..... No support since 2011

Not exactly take windows XP for example no support since 2014 but a registry hack will get you support to at least 2019.

So unsupported for me means not "publicly supported" there's usually support somewhere.

But you are right that the unit is old and not worth fixing, but that is what I do I fix things, I am retired and have a lot of time to play with stuff this is just the latest challenge.

Thanks anyway

Not exactly take windows XP for example no support since 2014 but a registry hack will get you support to at least 2019.

So unsupported for me means not "publicly supported" there's usually support somewhere.

But you are right that the unit is old and not worth fixing, but that is what I do I fix things, I am retired and have a lot of time to play with stuff this is just the latest challenge.

Thanks anyway

We are not talking about a PC or Windows.

Enjoy your retirement.

Look up CIF recording ....... Then do something better with your retirement