Sign in to follow this  
karj33

Avermedia DVR Freezing

Hi I have an avermedia dvr behind a router model seb3104h which i access remotely. I purchased this in 2011 however lately it is freezing after about 24 hrs. Usually what happens is the picture starts to freeze and then the next time I try to access it does not work anymore. Previously I used to reboot the whole system but that was when I thought it was the router's fault. But I now only reboot the dvr and I get the system back up and running again. I had a dyndns health checker on the system which checks to see if the hostname is up every 30 mins and I disabled this as a friend of mine said that it might be putting the dvr under too much pressure to be pinged every 30 mins but the same thing happened. Anybody have any suggestions, would I have to update the firmware, I haven't updated it since I purchased it. Any help much appreciated!!!

Hi. You might need a new hard drive.

Also remove the DDNS account you are using and use the avermedia DDNS .... It is free and will stay .

I will send a link to your pm.

Hi Thanks for the reply I don't have a hard drive installed, I just use the live view. are you saying the ddns provided by aver is more reliable then dyndns.org? Never had an issue with it until now, it has been running for about 6 years on and off, I use it for calving cameras.