NeilP

PowerView 8 Ch NVR, OS?, Root password, VGA issue

OK, so the title has a lot in it..sorry.

I have a PowerView 8 channel NVR that as of today lost its VGA output

My fault in a way, but bad firmware in another, I should possibly not have done the Restore to Factory ..but that should not screw up the basics like VGA output

Long story but to fault find and go back to basics I went to the WebGUI System management page and did a full System Restore..back to all defaults. (Having issues connecting new cameras, so thought if I start from scratch ..it would be better.

That was a bad move, as immediately after reboot, the VGA output was dead.

I tried three different monitors from different manufacturers, and when plugged in they all gave 'error' messages along the lines of

Frequency Mismatch

or

Not compatible input

or

No Suitable Input signal found.

The WebGUI page is accessible, I can see all the 4 cams, and the access via MyEye iPhone app is all working. just that the VGA output is dead.

I can also Telnet to the box but have no idea what the root password is. or any password. I can get to the login prompt but that is it.

One of the config pages has a Video output drop down box..but that is greyed out.

Anyone come across anything similar?

What might the likely base OS of the NVR box be ?

Any idea of Root password? tried all the usuals, nut pwd admin etc etc ..long shot I know...

and where the relevant config file maybe and what may need to be done to reset the VGA output?

I have mailed the supplier and PV themselves but no answer as yet.

638113164_ScreenShot2017-03-09at16_54_29.jpg.2c7662abe08419cf047d5cf07ddeb4a8.jpg