northak1

NVR 4432 Power Supply Fan - Quieter version PLEASE

I just purchased a Dahau NVR4432 with the intention of having it in my office for my expanding camera system; which I bought to expand from 4 to 8 cameras and have lots of room for growth.

The problem is it is ridiculously (in context of 3 other computers sitting literally right next top me which I cannot hear over this) loud even when located about 12 feet away from me it is hard to be on a call or even concentrate with all of its loud up and down (non-consistent fan speed) whirring.

I have isolated the issue down to not the case fan or the hard drives, but the FSP Group Switching Power Supply's fan.

I read in other posts about users needing to replace the fan in their units to overcome the loud noise. The one commonly referred to is this one http://a.co/6un7FfA ; but this is a different unit and specifications..

The Power Supply numbers that I can read are:

P/N 9PA300DY02

S/N Z5111001788

AC Input 100-240~, 4.1-1.9A, 50-60hz

DC Input +12V -53V

12.5A 2.8a

The fan inside of the power supply is a Protechnic Electronic MGA6012YF-A10; it is a two wire 12v 0.30a fan and is hard wired to the powersupply board and not a clip connector. The sound is coming directly from the fan itself and not vibration of the power supply.

My questions are:

1) I only have 6 cameras currently connected and the case power supply works well and its located in a room always under 70d F. Can I remove this fan from the power supply entirely and safely?

2) More importantly what fans or direct power supply replacement are known to be compatible and significantly quieter that I can purchase and replace within this unit.

The model I have is:

http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr44164432-16p-4ks2-8321.html