binods21

DVR shows its recording, but can't playback

The DVR i'm using, KOCOM shows that it's recording data in the UI, but when i try to check for playback, the playback starts at a later date, although the HDD status for the date i want shows it has recorded data.

This is critical data that might have to be used as evidence, but i can't seem to get the backup. My client really needs the data. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi. How are you recovering the data ? From dvr or H/ drive.

Also was the date set right at time of recording.....is the time right on dvr now

I'm recovering data using a usb drive, directly from the DVR, but the problem with that is:

1) I changed the DVR and issued them a new one and they retained the HDD

2) I recently got hold of the HDD, but every time i try to put it into a new DVR, the same model, it asks me to format it.

I'm getting a bay to plug the HDD into my laptop to see if i can get something from there,

As for the date and time, yes it was set right when it was installed. I've connected it to the smpt server so it fetches the date automatically. Also, the date is correct right now.

Thanks for the reply.

It's a bank's data, so it's quite critical, so would appreciate all the advice i can get.

Hi. You can't use another dvr ....the watermark will not match

As you describe..... HD footage you need was on first dvr ....then you installed a new dvr with the same HD used.....now you have taken the existing HD and trying to recover data in a 3rd Dvr

I would stop what you are doing and hand HD to the police.

Cheap systems have no place being in a bank security setup. And not dvrs with P2P setup.