SignTech

DVR Webclient update

Since late March of this year I have not been able to view, backup or search footage for any of my cameras using a web based interface. Before then I never could use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome was hit and miss and Firefox was the only one that I could depend on. Now I believe, due to Mozilla Firefox dropping NPAPI plugin support, I can no longer get to the interface. Opera will not work either.

I have no idea the make and model of the DVR. I cannot find any markings on it but it. When connecting to the IP address It wants to install a webkit plugin made by Shenzhenshi PengAnTai Electronics. I run the exe file and I can see on teh cmd line window that flashes up quickly that it says successful. Hoever I can still not view on any browser. I cant find any contact information for that Chinese company to see if they have a later non NPAPI version.

Anyone have any ideas?

Since late March of this year I have not been able to view, backup or search footage for any of my cameras using a web based interface. Before then I never could use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome was hit and miss and Firefox was the only one that I could depend on. Now I believe, due to Mozilla Firefox dropping NPAPI plugin support, I can no longer get to the interface. Opera will not work either.

I have no idea the make and model of the DVR. I cannot find any markings on it but it. When connecting to the IP address It wants to install a webkit plugin made by Shenzhenshi PengAnTai Electronics. I run the exe file and I can see on teh cmd line window that flashes up quickly that it says successful. Hoever I can still not view on any browser. I cant find any contact information for that Chinese company to see if they have a later non NPAPI version.

Anyone have any ideas?

Get Firefox Setup 52.0.1esr

It is the last ver which still works (support NPAPI plugin )

Hi all.

I am having the same issues. Firefox use to be fine. Now no luck. I needed to make a backup of certain periods and managed to access webclient using IE on windows 7, however, once downloaded the files were not found. Did any one have any success with getting working on firefox?

Unfortunately this seems to be a common issue with these DVR's. I also have a crappy chinese ebay DVR, and they are so rampant, that I'm not even sure where to find any DVR's that ARENT chinese. Expecting to be able to communicate with their tech support (if any) is a futile endeavor, and aftermarket software is still something I'm hoping to find. I have a KKMoon DVR and wish I could update the software on it somehow to make it compatible with other browsers besides Internet Explorer. It depends on obsolete junky Active-X plugins and I can't even remote view it with Firefox or Chrome, only terrible IE.

Unfortunately this seems to be a common issue with these DVR's. I also have a crappy chinese ebay DVR, and they are so rampant, that I'm not even sure where to find any DVR's that ARENT chinese. Expecting to be able to communicate with their tech support (if any) is a futile endeavor, and aftermarket software is still something I'm hoping to find. I have a KKMoon DVR and wish I could update the software on it somehow to make it compatible with other browsers besides Internet Explorer. It depends on obsolete junky Active-X plugins and I can't even remote view it with Firefox or Chrome, only terrible IE.

Firefox Setup 52.0.1esr

Definitely works

Firefox Setup 52.0.1esr

Definitely works

Ok, so maybe I had the wrong version . i tried again. Having trouble finding that exact one. I have 52.0ESR

I still get prompted for the download but after saving and running I never get a login prompt. Maybe has something to do with certificate or secure login settings???

See attached screenshot

firefox_screenshot.thumb.png.fb0bd051bae9e6f41b95bf2cb6cc00ac.png

Ok, so maybe I had the wrong version . i tried again. Having trouble finding that exact one. I have 52.0ESR

I still get prompted for the download but after saving and running I never get a login prompt. Maybe has something to do with certificate or secure login settings???

here is link for you

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/52.0.1esr/releasenotes/

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Mozilla-Firefox-52-0-1-Final-ESR/td-p/287572

Hello, I found this dated thread interesting because I am experiencing a similar issue:

I've got an old DVR with 8 cabled cameras. The system works well, but if there is a power cut, it lose the Day and Time. This is important because when the electricity comes back, it sets Day and Time to some day in 2005 and it lose all previous recordings on HD :(

To avoid the above, I provided an UPS before the DVR, at least it should not reset Day and Time. However it remains very important to be able to access remotely (via internet) the configuration of the DVR.

I have already opened a door via Port Forwarding, but when I type the IP address of the DVR I get exactly the message reported in the thread above: "please click icon to upgrade
WebkitPlugin". 

I have tried to download Firefox ESR but I am afraid it is too dated and not available any longer.

Can you suggest an alternative solution?

Thanks a lot,

Ciu