Sign in to follow this  
kb86

Question on DVR replacement.

My parents have a QSEE DVR, model QT5682-8K8-1. It will not longer hold any settings network or otherwise and every time it turns off, it resets back to factor defaults. We want to replace just the DVR but not any cameras. Does anyone know if I can just get any newer model DVR and it will work with the current cameras that come with this DVR?

I personally have moved on from DVR based security systems. Anyone can just walk into my store and take the DVR with them after a robbery. Cloud based e-surveillance is the wave of the future. You get to store your recordings online and can access them from virtually anywhere. IP based cameras just need to be installed. I was able to get my store monitored from Octopus Tech and their team.

http://www.theoctopustech.com/e-surveillance/

I personally have moved on from DVR based security systems. Anyone can just walk into my store and take the DVR with them after a robbery. Cloud based e-surveillance is the wave of the future. You get to store your recordings online and can access them from virtually anywhere. IP based cameras just need to be installed. I was able to get my store monitored from Octopus Tech and their team.

http://www.theoctopustech.com/e-surveillance/

So in your store how do you quickly look back at something 5 minutes ago ??? ....... you need to pay monthly just for that option

Your wrong dvr or nvr are the heart of your system..... you could also setup your own cloud and not have high 3rd party costs for something you already own

Good luck with sending your images to server based in India .... waste of money

Hi,

Sounds like your internal battery is dead. Very simple job to replace, just open the case and it will be just a couple of dollars.

Good Luck.