Sign in to follow this  
sergey2017

Besder/XMEYE N1004F (Hi3520D) 4-channel NVR from Aliexpress

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with those cheap 4ch NVR units sold under the BESDER/XMEYE brands:

301139_1.jpg

Product page: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Mini-NVR-Full-HD-4-Channel-8-Channel-Security-Standalone-CCTV-NVR-1080P-4CH-8CH/32380401792.html

The N1004F unit claims to be 4ch and 1080p. As from previous experience with D1 DVRs, almost no affordable unit could record 4xD1 at full PAL framerate and resolution, and most cheap units could not even record at full D1 resolution, but recorded at a crappy CIF-like compressed mess much worse than an analog VHS quality.

Does anyone know if this unit or similar units based on same SoC architecture, can actually record 4x1080p at 10-15 fps without downscaling the resolution? The cheap 1080p camera only does 15 fps, so that is not a problem. The Mini NVR with eSATA is probably based on the same architecture - like almost all Chinese NVRs, so info on that would help too.

Is downloading the footage to USB possible in a normal format? Previous experience with Chinese DVRs was horrible in that regard - Custom crazy formats that claim to be "H.264" but not even VLC would play.

I know that Chinese NVRs are a security risk, have no support, use a custom crappy cloud service and that iPhone/Android apps are probably crappy. However, this friend of mine does not care about this, it's just a grocery store and we can also isolate the NVR.

Dont think about stuff like this...

Just invest some bugs more and buy some proper hikvision or dahua nvr. Believe me the more money is worth it....