Sign in to follow this  
chris1804

playback is jurky/laggy

hi all im a newbie hoping to solvean issue ive got,

ive hot a H.view dvr ive only had setup now for a couple of day and its been great running on 2 cams. today i connected cam 3 up and and when playing footage back it will play perfect then judder like the frame rate has changed, ive tried new firmware. formatting the hard drive loads of times, restoring the dvr. but its still happening. last night the camera power lead touched the metal screw on the dvr and it rest it self, could it be that the hard Drive is no good? its a seagate barracuda 1TB spec.

• Interface: SATA 6Gb/s.

• 7200rpm Rotation Speed.

• 64 MB cache.

• 1TB Capacity.

How do watch the recorded videos. Are there a monitor connected or you watching through network with a computer. Do you record on motion or 24/7?

Give us some more information...

Hi. I'm watching via a monitor with 24/7 recording. I've replaced the hard drive with a WD purple 2tb and still does the same. I'll post a video youtube to explain better.

Starts off smooth then it seems the frame rate changes. I've installed a fresh firmware but that don't solve it. H view have said it's not a DVR fault. But I believe other wise

YouTube clip.

Edit. I've just noticed at 16:04.26 the time stops for about 10-20seconds then starts again. That's when it judders. Strange.

when the recording stopps at 16:04.26 does the hdd led still blink?

what kind of recorder is that. can you watch and record at the same time? how are the settings of the recording channel?

Thanks for reply. It's a Chinese brand. There no HDD light on the dvr so can't check. I can view footage while it still records. I brought it on amazon. They have refunded me so I brought another thinking it was a faulty dvr. But this new dvr is doing the same problem. I've got a feeling it's a firmware issue. The chip is nextchip NVP612B if that's any help or any known problems with this. I just record from the default factory settings. Strange how 2 dvr units are doing the same. I've used HD tune pro to test both hard drives for bad sectors and both PASSED so this make me believe it's a firmware issue.