lestro

8 channel jennov dvr password

I'm trying to replace my 8 ch kkmoon dvr that has died with a jennov v7608D h.264, but it won't let me enter password to program it. I get invalid password. does anyone have any experience with this box? maybe like how to clear password? thanks

Hello. The Jennov DVR should have no password brand new out of the box. Leave the password field blank in order to try and login.

hi, leaving the password blank gives me an incorrect password, was hoping someone knew how to factory reset or reset the password

Hello, again. How about trying to clear the current settings by completely cutting power? Disconnect it from the wall outlet. Remove the chassis cover. Look for the circuit board battery. Remove it and leave everything be for a few minutes. Then replace the battery and cover. Reconnect it to power and try the password as a blank. You might want to make sure, however, that removing the chassis cover will not void any warranty. In that case, you may want to check with your warranty holder for the default password or its method of reset.

Sometimes the board itself might have a reset button or a pair of pins that can be shorted with a jumper to do the factory reset.

HTH