Sign in to follow this  
orwell

Looking for a simple 2ch DVR system...

... to integrate 2 analog CCTV cameras into an existing setup!

At first, hello everyone, I am new to this forum.

I have a small CCTV system set up, currently working with 3 IP cameras and a computer. The cameras are set to motion detection mode and record a video sequence when they detect a motion, then they upload the video file to the computer via FTP. On the computer runs a web server with a self-written interface to access the recorded videos. (I generally don't trust closed-source software)

I just got 2 somewhat older analog cameras for free and like to integrate them into the system. The cameras work perfectly, using the analog input port of a TV they deliver a stable image.

I already tried using a Somagic 4ch video grabber connected to the computer via USB, noticing the following:

- the software is crap

- after 5 seconds, the connection is "lost" until I reconnect the cable

- grabbing both cameras at the same time does not even work.

Second, the computer is apparently not powerful enough to run a motion detection.

I am now looking for a dedicated DVR that is not that expensive and does the following tasks good:

1. Capture images (sound not required) from 2(or more) analog cameras in VGA resolution (black-white)

2. perform motion detection on them

3. record when a motion is detected and

4. send the recorded media to an FTP server (file format can be any video container)

The motion detection sensitivity and ideally the area should be settable.

Any additional features are not important to me. Especially, I don't need any video output from the DVR device itself, instead a web interface would be good.

Does anyone know a device or a place where I could continue looking?

I apologize if this was asked before and I didn't find it on the forums here.

Thanks, orwell