dantheman255

suggestion on dvr to buy

Hi all, I purchased 2 cameras and a poe router, hooked it up to my pc and it's working fine.

I originally ordered a 2 megapixel camera (DS-2CD2122FWD-IS 2MP) but received a 4 megapixel (DS-2CD2142FWD-IS) so when i ordered the second camera i got another 4 meg camera so they will match. I wanted the 2 meg cameras cause i thought maybe it would be easier on the network but i don't know enough about these system to know if that matters. The router i have is a D-Link DGS-1008P Switches 4 to 10 Ports 8-port Gigabit Ethernet POE Switch. I'm so new to this i just want to find a dvr that is the same brand as my cameras. Not looking to buy the latest and greatest and I looked at the Hikvision 7204 but don't know if that will support the cameras, the other one i looked at is the 7600 series and i did notice that one of them had several ethernet ports and the other only had one so i'm guessing the one unit is a dvr and the other an nvr?. Any way, another question, i have a 2TB hardrive already from a computer, will that work in a dvr?

so any suggestion on a Hikvision dvr that would be good enough for the 4 meg cameras, and will the 2 TB drive I have work in a dvr, thanks very much for reading.

Dan