Sign in to follow this  
repairman15

Help with resetting Speco D16VT Admin Password

Help please. I purchased a used Speco D16VT8TB on eBay. I'm trying to set it up and see that the ADMIN password has been changed from the default (1111). Any idea how to change it? I tried pulling the CMOS battery but that just reset the clock. I am able to access USER 1 with the default password,but it will not let me restore factory defaults or view log! I've reached out to Speco but they don't seem to want to help. Any ideas? Is password stored on the hard drive?

Help please. I purchased a used Speco D16VT8TB on eBay. I'm trying to set it up and see that the ADMIN password has been changed from the default (1111). Any idea how to change it? I tried pulling the CMOS battery but that just reset the clock. I am able to access USER 1 with the default password,but it will not let me restore factory defaults or view log! I've reached out to Speco but they don't seem to want to help. Any ideas? Is password stored on the hard drive?

We had a Speco NVR where the customer changed the Admin password and forgot what she used. WE had to return the NVR to Speco. Unfortunately you bought it used and they probably won't honor the warranty.