Hi all,

just got myself a cheapish dvr and I am looking to see if there is a firmware update for it but I cant find the model anywhere, it is a HD-TVI GT504 it has hikvision software on it but cannot find it on there website, can anyone help!!

Thanks. The reason I am asking is I have scanned the qr code and it wont read it.

Mick

Hi all,

just got myself a cheapish dvr and I am looking to see if there is a firmware update for it but I cant find the model anywhere, it is a HD-TVI GT504 it has hikvision software on it but cannot find it on there website, can anyone help!!

Thanks. The reason I am asking is I have scanned the qr code and it wont read it.

Mick

Hi. If bought cheap then it may not be a hikvision.

What do you mean about qr scan will not work ?

Does it scan but not let you view

Does it not scan at all

Hi tom,

I got from a work colleague who had it in the loft gave him a tenner for it lol.

He didnt have the password so i google it and found the sadp toll which i manged to get working and changed the password the interface is hikvision.

I have scanned it with 3 qr readers and it just doesnt connect or read it also used hikvison scanner.

Thanks,

I have emailed IKVISION with same pic, they replied saying it wasn't one of theirs but it looks like a GTEC model so I have emailed them lol.

The link you sent doesn't have a 3.35 only goes up to 3.34 but thanks ill let you know what GTEC say.

Mick

Thanks,

I have emailed IKVISION with same pic, they replied saying it wasn't one of theirs but it looks like a GTEC model so I have emailed them lol.

The link you sent doesn't have a 3.35 only goes up to 3.34 but thanks ill let you know what GTEC say.

Mick

That was a typo, sorry.

Hikvision will not give you support for an OEM DVR, of course, you need to contact the seller.

well,

It does belong to a company called GTEC they supply them to their installers. I contacted them and they said it doesn't need a firmware update for network (which I knew) and gave instructions.

then told me to install app called Guarding Expert which is identical to the Hikvision ivms 4500 apart from the HIKconnect.

Just though a firmware upgrade would enhance the box.

Thanks for all your help

Just though a firmware upgrade would enhance the box.

You will get to have the latest firmware earlier.

But Hikvision will not help you with it, it is not their unit; and GTEC will also not help you with it, it is not their firmware.

securame,

so the Turbo HD DVR V3.3.4_Build170220 will work on the DVR.

mick

Hi. No it will not .....hik firmware will now only work with hik and hik licences systems.

You can't use hik-connect to connect with copy or none licensed hik.

All you need to do is forget the QR code.

Just do port forwarding......and your system would be more secure

Usually to use the QR code for hik OEM you need to set up pt cloud. There should be an option on the app for that. Then scan the QR code through the app and it will work. This will cut BIG holes in your firewall though so I wouldn’t recommend it. Manual port forwarding is always best.

Usually to use the QR code for hik OEM you need to set up pt cloud. There should be an option on the app for that. Then scan the QR code through the app and it will work. This will cut BIG holes in your firewall though so I wouldn’t recommend it. Manual port forwarding is always best.

Why?

Plz explain

Because it uses default port settings which are easy to find online. You really should set up customer ports.

What is default ports for HIK P2P?

What we usually install is Hik OEM and the server port is 8000, RTSP 8558, HTTP 80 and HTTPS 443. I believe it’s the same across the board.

I was asking about P2P

Not sure, I never use it. We would never use a QR code setup option.

I see

Would u believe me if I tell you following?

P2P does not have any ports open until you establish connection

I would believe that, but I am also certain that doing manual port forwarding is much more secure. The webinars I watch from hikvision all the time indicate this to be the truth. As a hikvision authorized distributor and retailer I can’t suggest using the pt cloud function.

I would believe that, but I am also certain that doing manual port forwarding is much more secure. The webinars I watch from hikvision all the time indicate this to be the truth. As a hikvision authorized distributor and retailer I can’t suggest using the pt cloud function.

so, you would keep Open ports instead Closed

Is it good practice?

There is no such thing as closed ports for a DVR that is able to communicate with a remote device. It doesn’t work that way. Those QR code readers blow a hole in your firewall so they can communicate with outside servers or they bypass your firewall altogether allowing very easy unfettered access to your network through your DVR.

There is no such thing as closed ports for a DVR that is able to communicate with a remote device. It doesn’t work that way. Those QR code readers blow a hole in your firewall so they can communicate with outside servers or they bypass your firewall altogether allowing very easy unfettered access to your network through your DVR.

Really?

How is Team Viewer works behind firewalls?

and lots of other P2P apps

skype? and more

"Those QR code readers blow a hole in your firewall"

What is different in your example

who will open ports

you or App

u see my point?

I would suggest google and understand how certain P2P can work behind "Closed" Ports

Being an authorised hikvision distributor .... then you should know pt cloud is a new name for a company hik dropped using

It’s China based and goes under a number of names.

Basically it is for the gray market systems