Sign in to follow this  
vodoca

HIKVISION recorders - issues with playback

We have standardized our DVR and NVR recorders to HIKVISION.

But playback of recorded videos is very poorly done on those recorders, e.g. HIKVISION DS-7216HQHI-F2/N/A.

I use either web interface or iVMS 4200 software.

I experience several annoying problems:

1) When I set records to be deleted after 30 days, the continuos recording in iVMS shows only last week and only events like motion detection can be played 30 days back. In web interface on the contrary only continuous playback works and events cannot be searched.

2) When I try to playback from web interface in IE, it says error, even when I turn off AVG antivirus. Web interface is quite difficult to make work on current browsers with current security measures.

3) When playing back the event videos (motion detected) from iVMS, I cannot skip any frames using navigation bar (I cannot fast forward). The motion detected video can only be played as a whole.

4) Playback speeds (2x, 4x - 32x..) do not really work over network, because all the frames are sent regardless on speed settings. This worked well on Dahua, but not on Hikvision. With higher speeds the server (DVR) should skip the frames and not only the client, it is pointless then and a sign of a bad software design. So over a slower network the speed of playback is the same for 1x as for 32x. Moreover, in the web interface when I set higher speed than that of the network, playback hangs.