Sign in to follow this  
Annke DVR

ANNKE DVR: system frozen because pointer is missing.

Hi,

I have a new DVR for my video surveillance system. It was working beautifully. Like a buffoon, I was exploring the menu options. I clicked on the video output tab, in the live video menu. It seemed like a rather harmless thing to do, but it wasn't. As soon as I did this, the pointer on my mouse disappeared. So now I'm stuck in the live video section of my system and can't get out. The system is recording and doing everything it should be doing, but I can't access any of it, because the pointer isn't available for me to click on anything.

This seems like it would have a very easy fix, it's a nightmare. I called the company (it's based in China). After 2 hours of using team viewer (which gave them full access to my computer, even though the password or system was never connected to my computer. it can and should be connected, but I'm electronically challenged) they said they'd get back to me today. Their solution, send me a new DVR. Well, I have a very upgraded system and they want to send me a base model with no HD drive. They said the HD is fine and I need to change it from my system to the new one (Hello, electronically challenged here).

This seems like a ridiculous solution. All I did was click on the video output tab, contained within the live video menu. Even as dumb as I am about electronics, I know a simple solution must exist. They had a very hard time with English and my Chinese is horrible.

Please someone, anyone, any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

p.s.

the enclosed picture is of the monitor. The system is up and working, but I can't do anything because the pointer is missing. I can't point and click on anything, because the pointer has disappeared.

1023171239.thumb.jpg.61665455b2511061f0d48fe496c4664e.jpg