mehedi

How to connect remote cameras with existing DVR?

Hi, I have a problem here.

I have two building under CCTV coverage—Building A and Building B.

Building A has 5 CCTV cameras and Building B has 2 CCTV cameras. Two buildings are 3 kilometer apart, thus I can't connect the buildings with cable.

I have two CCTV systems in two buildings. But I need to watch the entire 7 camera's feed in one monitor. And that monitor is located in Building A.

All the 7 cameras are one megapixel Dahua 1000RP bullet/dome camera. I have two XVR from Dahua, one is 8-channel (DHI-XVR-4108HS) and the other is 4-channel (DHI-XVR-4104HS). Two buildings have internet connection.

Is there any way I could connect two Dahua XVR over internet and display combined feed in one monitor?

Or do you guys have any suggestion for me?

I can dump the existing system from Building B only and replace with new solution you may suggest, but I can't abandon the full setup from both buildings as that would be costly.

Please help me get out of the situation. TIA.

Hello, you have 2 choices on this one. For either choice you need to connect both XVRs to the internet, this is now very simple by the P2P function.

Option 1 by software:

- Connect both XVRs to the internet

- Get the P2P serial numbers on each XVR menu page

- Install the Smart PSS on a PC or Mac

- Add both XVRs to the software for access

Option 2 by XVR to XVR combination:

- Get both XVRs on the internet

- Get the static IP address of Building B XVR, go to what is my IP on Google for example

- At Building A, go to the Menu, enter bottom left Camera icon, then Camera Type sub menu

- Click on Add IP Cam at the bottom left, the DVR will restart, and you will be able to add 4 more IP Cameras

- When the XVR restarts, you can now display 12 Cameras by 16 Split.

- Go to the same Camera Menu again, go to Registration, and add the 2 XVR B cameras one by one as if they are IP cameras.

- You'll need, the Channel, Static IP Address of XVR B, Port 37777 (unless different), and the user name and password of the XVR.

I have done this in a similar scenario, and it works great, good luck.

If you have line of sight you would be able to use wireless point to point depending on bandwidth you might be able to even get by with a 5ghz setup.

Contact a surveillance or telcom company in your local area

Good luck