Sign in to follow this  
N6VMO

Switching from Blue Iris to Hik NVR system....many questions

Hello,

I have been running a 5 camera system with Blue Iris for about 4 years now, but want to decrease some power consumption by using a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR.

BI system consists of 5 cameras (Hik, Dahua, Swann), a PC, Cisco POE switch with 4 attached cameras and a TrendNet POE switch with a single attached camera for the garage. All components are on the same subnet (192.168.0.xxx).

Therefore, I now have many questions. Here is one of these questions.

How can I attach the remote garage camera to the NVR via the TrendNet switch without a direct cable run to the NVR POE ports?

Basically, I want to replace the BI PC (192.168.0.15) with the Hik NVR without recabling or re IP'ing cameras, if possible. See my attached network configuration.

John

1531857965_N6VMONetworkRev1.thumb.jpg.d0bdcd93a843c1ab5f1b45c8b670187d.jpg

Hello,

I have been running a 5 camera system with Blue Iris for about 4 years now, but want to decrease some power consumption by using a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR.

BI system consists of 5 cameras (Hik, Dahua, Swann), a PC, Cisco POE switch with 4 attached cameras and a TrendNet POE switch with a single attached camera for the garage. All components are on the same subnet (192.168.0.xxx).

Therefore, I now have many questions. Here is one of these questions.

How can I attach the remote garage camera to the NVR via the TrendNet switch without a direct cable run to the NVR POE ports?

Basically, I want to replace the BI PC (192.168.0.15) with the Hik NVR without recabling or re IP'ing cameras, if possible. See my attached network configuration.

[attachment=0]N6VMO Network Rev 1.jpg[/attachment]

John

Those cameras should come up in the NVR with no issues. You can definitely slap in an NVR in place of the PC, just set a static 192.168.0.xx (.15 if you want to keep everything the same) and it should auto-discover cameras on the network.

If you opt to get rid of the PoE switch and go with an NVR that has one built in, I'm not so sure you'll really see much power consumption difference depending on how old that switch is.

I know some of my customers use something like this from trendnet:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008F537KC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?smid=A1AQ06IHQGN1E5&psc=1

Any brand should work, i am not suggesting a product....just a power-line mini network adapter..... They work well...

Only thing is, i believe your electrical have to be on the same box/circuit.... They work surprisingly well!!!

I hope this helps.... Now this will just connect to the router which should give the cam a IP and then you can bring that ip up on the NVR. This is just one way of doing it.

-JJ