asta

Connecting KPD674ZB H.264 4Ch to Samsung Smart TV

my new house came with a CCTV system installed including the KPD674ZB recorder. I connected it to my old TV fine with a monitor cable. My new TV doesn't have a monitor input, I've tried a monitor to HDMI cable but that didn't work (presumably because the box isn't HD). Can anyone advise another way to connect it the TV? I don't want to keep buying cables that won't work.

My experience of CCTV systems is limited to looking at this box so laymans terms are appreciated!

Many thanks

my new house came with a CCTV system installed including the KPD674ZB recorder. I connected it to my old TV fine with a monitor cable. My new TV doesn't have a monitor input, I've tried a monitor to HDMI cable but that didn't work (presumably because the box isn't HD). Can anyone advise another way to connect it the TV? I don't want to keep buying cables that won't work.

My experience of CCTV systems is limited to looking at this box so laymans terms are appreciated!

Many thanks

Hi. Nice of your last home owners to leave you a antique

Your right in not wasting money on trying.

That avtech is 10 years old and is only cif.

What ever you do the image will be useless

For what you would pay for any converter or modulator you can pic up a new dvr with hdmi output...... still use your existing camera till you have a budget to change them

Thanks for the reply tomcctv, do you have any suggestions for the DVR that we should be looking at? We don't have much in the way of a budget.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply tomcctv, do you have any suggestions for the DVR that we should be looking at? We don't have much in the way of a budget.

Thanks

Hi where are you based

In hertfordshire

Hi. Nice part of the country.

I would look for the qvis Quattro 4 way recorder.

With hard drive you should be paying £150.

If you use Apple devices or android in your home you will not have to run cables to your tv as you can send dvr image to Samsung smart tv

This unit will take your existing cameras but will also allow you to upgrade them later to 2mp which start from around £35 which like the recorder are multi format.

Thank you for the answers in this thread. The OP issue is interesting, and I had it a few weeks ago. I am not a professional at all, and that’s why the question wasn’t about the technical part for me. It was mostly about what professional to call and what to ask. I contacted the local iptv reseller and asked them if they could help me with my problem. Thankfully, they agreed to call a TV professional to my place and install the whole thing. The professional came in two days and installed the QNAP HD station, and from that time on, I have a nice TV picture without freezes from that same iptv reseller.