Sign in to follow this  
macfly007

Bug with my H-View DVR. Other firmware is compatible ?

Hello everyone.

I am having two problems with my DVR.

I was tempted by a model and not too expensive at Ali, and this model was well evaluated by many buyers.

Since almost 3 months, I dialogue with the seller and the technical service but without any solution.

This is the H.VIEW 8CH DVR (https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/H-View-CCTV-DVR-8CH-Security-DVR-H-264-1080N-Digital-Video-Recorder-HDMI-Video-Output/32743274138.html)

Firmware : V4.02.R11.345B1142.10001.131900.00 / 10/08/2017

The 2 problems are:

The DVR has a PRERECORD function, which I will not teach you, allows as the name suggests, to record the video x seconds or minutes before the motion detected. Very handy for having the entire recorded movement. I bought this model for this function.

But it does not work, the recording of my videos during a motion detection always starts late, so I lose the first few seconds of the video. Moreover it is random, sometimes it records earlier, sometimes too late, and whatever the encoded setting.

I made contact with the firm that tells me they are aware of the bug of this feature and they are working on a new firmware to solve it.

Second problem is the crash of the dvr. Randomly, the device hangs and only restarting it (pulling and releasing the power plug as no OFF / ON switch), solves the problem. When it crashes, it detects nothing, does not record anything, and even the access or the ping to its IP fails.

My neighbor ordered at the same time the same dvr and on its internal network, she has exactly the same 2 problems. According to the seller it is a problem of firmware.

But their answer is always different (once it's the firmware, another time it's the app, another time they ask me to film the crash (I do not see what could film), etc ... I despair of having a solution with them.

In the end, 3 months of resolution promise with a new firmware that is not yet developed (I have more confidence and I even have a doubt that they work on it).

I asked the following question:

Would not there be a firmware of another brand of DVR but that could work on this model. I do not care to flash it and lose the guarantee, anyway it is out of the question that I return the 2 DVR in China, the shipping costs will explode, not to mention the customs that had already charged me the entrance fees upon receipt ...

I ask this question because some time ago I had as a router a TPLINK and I often had wifi crashes. I then flashed this router with a Gargoyle firmware and since my wifi works fine and never crash again.

So, will there be an open source firmware, see another brand, which would be compatible with my DVR?

Thank you all for your ideas and advice.

Have a nice day